The scientific method is the process where scientists solve and/or check problems that haven’t been solved and or studied adequately to reach a consensus.
- Define the question.
- Gather information and resources (observe).
- Form hypothesis which is an educated guess based on earlier knowledge.
- Perform the experiment and collect data.
- Analyze data from the experiment.
- Interpret data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting point for new hypothesis.
- Publish results to show the scientific community your findings.
- Retest the results to verify the scientist’s findings (frequently done by other scientists).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.