Pornography (also porn) is the explicit depiction of Sexual subject matter for erotic purposes, and is protected as free speech under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Different cultures have different definitions of pornography. What's acceptable in one culture is unacceptable in another.
Unexpected images of hard-core pornography are also known as shock images. Pornography can do harm if people act out violent images. Some people become obsessed with porn collecting ever more of it and viewing it obsessively. If they weren't viewing porn perhaps they would develop other obsessions like making heavy sexual demands on their partners. We don't know.
Pornography in modern America comes in two forms. These include the internet free samples expensive internet porn, and the purchased DVD from the adult video store. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. In some communities, Social Conservatives try to shut down the adult video stores. This is an example of Conservative hypocrisy, since all Neocons are believers in free market capitalism.
Porn depicting consensual adult sex does little harm in moderation provided it doesn't become an obsession. Remember: real sexual partners are human beings with feelings and should be treated with more consideration than porn images.
- Oops! Ted Cruz's Pastor Father Explains Facebook Porn: I Was Hacked!
- Why conservatives spend more on pornography By Nigel Barber, Ph.D. on March 7, 2009 from Psychology Today
- Conservative US States found to be biggest porn consumers, Thaindian News
- EROTICA INC. -- A special report, New York Times
We hope you like the external links we've found for you though we know links won't always suit everybody. If you like our links, please return to Liberapedia later when you've got everything you want from our links. If our links don't suit you, you can come back to Liberapedia and look for something that suits you better.
- Pornography, Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Victims of Pornography According to this site "A growing number people and organizations are recognizing the many victims of pornography."
- Is Pornography Addictive? According to this site "Psychologists debate whether people can have an addiction to pornography."