A Democrat in Name Only or abbreviated as DINO is a member of the Democratic Party but doesn't have liberal beliefs or is one of those "middle-of-nowhere" centrists. Liberals should where possible make sure that real liberals run in every Democratic primary in every election cycle, however, keep in mind that some can't be won by a true liberal, so keeping a DINO there may not be the best thing ever, but it'd be better than handing the seat to a Republican. Less good Democrats are still ten times better than your average Republican.
An alternate view of DINO
Both the terms RINO and DINO seem more applicable to American politics during times of Partisan reallignment. Both terms are pejorative used by those who wish to purge competing philosophies from their Party. While purging competing political thinking might be acceptable to the modern Republican Party, the modern Democratic Party is far more committed to diversity and inclusiveness.
- Former Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman: While he technically left the party in 2006 to become an independent, he's such a DINO he even inspired the term Liebercrat. He's a war hawk, he was elected to the senate while running to the right of the Republican incumbent, and endorsed John McCain in the 2008 U.S. Presidential Election.
- Former Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson: He represents a very conservative state, and has conservative views on issues such as abortion, capital punishment, gun control, taxes, illegal immigration, free trade, and the Patriot Act.
- West Virginian Senator Joe Manchin : With Lieberman and Nelson out of the senate, Manchin can now boast the dubious "honor" as most conservative Democratic senator. He even released an ad of himself shooting the Cap and Trade bill, a common sense piece of liberal legislation, and is one of the few remaining Democrats in the senate to oppose gay marriage.
- Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu and Arkansas Senator Mark Pryor: Along with Manchin, they're the only Democratic senators to oppose gay marriage. Landrieu actualy says she personally supports it, but is not ready to vote for it because she says most people in Louisiana don't, a very lame excuse. Mark Pryor, despite being against gay marriage, did not support a constitutional ban and got an 89% from the HRC.
- Indianan Senator Joe Donnelly: While it's too early to see where he'll stand in the senate, his house voting record puts him with conservatives on issues like abortion and illegal immigration.
- North Dakota Senator Heidi Heitkamp: She might be the only Democrat Conservative Wiki likes 
- Montana Senator Max Baucus: A Blue Dog Democrat that often allies with Republicans on issues like gun control, environment, health care, and taxes.
- North Carolina Congressman Mike McIntyre: One of the most conservative democrats in the House of Representatives, and proud of it. 
- Democrats for Life of America: While they're right about capital punishment, they take no stance on most other issues, and their main goal is to elect
pro-lifeanti-rights Democrats to Congress
- Any Blue Dog Democrat
- Sheriff David Clarke .