Reasons for conspiracy theories
- Conspiracy theories can exist because someone with psychiatric problems has strange ideas. Alternatively a group of people with psychiatric problems can get together and encourage each other to believe wild ideas.
- Conspiracy theories can exist because some enterprising businessman/businesswoman or corporation hopes to make money selling material about imagined conspiracies to the gullible public.
- Finally conspiracy theories can exist because there is a real conspiracy and one or more people are trying to draw public attention to what's happening.
Real and imagined conspiracies
The larger a conspiracy is in a conspiracy theory, the less likely it is that it is true. The more People that need to be involved, the more likely that some people will not join, that someone will spill the beans, and the more likely that people will find out about it.
The more likely a conspiracy is to be beneficial to a group with a large amount of power, such as a corporation, the more likely it is to be true.
The more of a monopoly of information there is- in other words, how much the flow of information is controlled by one or a few powerful sources, the more likely a conspiracy theory is valid.
Sorting out the sensible conspiracy theories from the junk conspiracy theories isn't always easy.
- New World Order Conspiracies that aren't at all likely
- Business Plot of 1933 This was a real plot trying to overthrow the elected President and Congress of the United States of America.
- Titles of Nobility Amendment (TONA) to the US Constitution
- Iran Contra / October Surprise / Crack Cocaine / etc.
- The Chennault Affair, once considered a left-wing conspiracy theory, In reality a treasonous Republican plot that helped Nixon win the Presidency
- Sadaam's WMD's
- Obamagate/Spygate/Russiagate -A conspiracy theory being promoted by President Trump himself, which is gaining traction among his supporters.
- Q'anon- Wacky and involved
- Pizzagate- Wacky and refuses to die
- Tuskegee Experiment
- Project MKUltra
- 1960 election conspiracy
- Kennedy bootlegging
- Bay of Pigs Invasion Conspiracy- Another real conspiracy that went wrong.
- 1953 Iranian coup- Acknowledged by US sources in 2013
- 1973 Chilean coup- More Nixon chicanery, or not
We hope you like the external links we've found for you though we know links won't always suit everybody. If you like our links, please return to Liberapedia later when you've got everything you want from our links. If our links don't suit you, you can come back to Liberapedia and look for something that suits you better.